The call for papers has closed.
North Carolina Association of Historians Annual Meeting
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
27-28 March 2020
Call for Papers
The Program Committee of the North Carolina Association of Historians invites submissions of one-page proposals for papers to be presented at its March 2020 meeting:
- Panels (up to 3 panelists, one chair, and optionally one discussant)
- Single papers
- Roundtables (between 4 to 6 participants) – 5-minute opening statements from participants and then conversational dialogue with the audience
- Workshops on specific teaching techniques or practices
- Mixed panels of K-12 teachers, students, university professors, and independent scholars examining cutting-edge scholarship and its classroom applications
- Panels devoted to research in progress (and potential for classroom integration)
Each proposal should include: a maximum 250-word abstract for each paper, a brief curriculum vitae for each participant, and biographical details for use in the introduction by the panel chair. Presenters will have a maximum of 15 minutes; papers should be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, excluding notes. Presenters are encouraged to submit a written paper to their moderator prior to the conference.
The North Carolina Association of Historians offers opportunities for historians in all fields — American, World, European, state, and local — to meet, discuss research and exchange ideas with colleagues throughout the state of North Carolina as well as with individuals with research, spiritual, and other connections with the state. In addition to participation by faculty and graduate students at post-secondary institutions, the association welcomes individuals whose careers are in public history as well as Social Studies teachers in public and private schools.
Papers presented at the Spring NCAH meeting are eligible for the association’s annual award for the best student or faculty paper; all papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of the North Carolina Association of Historians.
Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21 February.
Further questions can be directed to the program chair.