The NCAH offers affordable membership at a rate of $25 for students and $25 for faculty members and other individuals. Institutional and sustaining memberships are available for $55.
New rates effective 1 January 2020.
The NCAH invites participation by faculty members at post-secondary institutions from community colleges to research universities, as well as students at both the graduate and the undergraduate levels. We also welcome public historians, social studies teachers at public and private schools, and individuals with an interest in well-researched presentations and a productive relationship with colleagues from across the state and elsewhere.
Membership benefits include
- A copy of the annual Journal of the North Carolina Association of Historians;
- An annual meeting each spring that provides opportunity for presentation of research as well as for friendly interaction with colleagues;
- An e-mail distribution list that provides updates of of interest to historians across the state and elsewhere;
- Opportunities for leadership in the work of the organization;
- Preference in submission of articles and assignment of book reviews in the JNCAH;
- Eligibility to enter annual prize competitions (for members who present at the annual meeting)
How to join
Online: Click the donate button below (no PayPal account required). A minimum donation of $25 (students), $45 (faculty/individuals), and $55 (sustaining/institutional) is required to receive the membership benefits described above.
By mail: Mail a completed membership form and payment to Professor James I Martin, Sr., Department of History and Government, Campbell University, Campus Box 356, Buies Creek, NC 27506. Please contact Professor Martin if you have any questions.